Job Opening for the Secretariat
Size : 26.9 Kb
ATTCH1. Job application form.docx (0) Size : 15.7 Kb
ATTCH2.Personal Information use Agreement.docx (0) Size : 16.6 Kb
ATTCH3.Personal Statement.docx (0) Size : 18.1 Kb
The Tourism Promotion Organization for Asia Pacific Cities (TPO) is an organization established in 2002 with the aim to build partnership for tourism promotion and mutual exchange among cities in the Asia Pacific Region.
The TPO Secretariat is ready to welcome new employees to join the team.
1. Openings: up to 2 persons (1 new staff, 1 experienced staff)
※ Depending on the qualifications of applicants
- Article 11(Disqualification), Chapter 2 of the 'Regulations for Operation of the TPO Secretariat'.
※ Persons who do not meet the qualifications for civil servant employment of the country where the Secretariat is located shall not be employed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Valid passport (Korean male nationals must have completed or be exempt from military service)
- Proficiency in English and Korean
- English: TOEIC >850, TEPS >619 (New TEPS >336), IBT >98
- (Foreigner) ① Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK Level 4 or higher)
② Valid visa that allows permanent employment (e.g., E7, F visas)
- Foreign language proficiency test result (English, Japanese, etc.)
- Overseas experiences (Training, work, travel, etc.)
- Excellent command of computer programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Master’s degree or higher
- Work experience in international exchanges and tourism
- Valid Korean driver's license
- (Experienced staff) Over 3 years of full-time work experience in the areas of international conferences, international exchanges, tourism
3. Working Conditions
- Workplace : TPO Secretariat (Fl.4, 357 Geumgok-daero, Buk-gu, Busan)
※ Occasional business trips (domestic and international)
- Working hours: 5 days a week (Monday ~Friday), 09:00~18:00, pursuant to TPO regulations
- Job type: Full-time
※ Probation period: (New staff) 6 months, (Experienced staff) 3 months
※ At the end of Probation, decision will be made, based on the performance review, for a permanent employment contract.
- Responsibilities: Work related to international conferences, international exchanges, joint projects, membership management, etc.
- Salary: Around KRW 40,000, 000 per annum, pursuant to TPO regulations
Includes overtime compensation, bonus, long service allowance (if applicable), etc.
※ For experienced staff, the pay will be determined, thru bilateral consultations, considering all the work experience, foreign language proficiency, etc.
※ Salary during probation period: to be explained at the interview
- Start date: Friday, February 10, 2023 (provisional)
- Application deadline: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Individual notification for Interview candidates: Friday, January 20, 2023
- Interview and written test (English and Korean): Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Individual notification for Shortlisted candidates: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Start date: Friday, February 10, 2023(provisional)
5. Application process
- Submission: December 23, 2022 ~ January 16, 2023
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Inquiry: +82-51-502-2939
① Application form ※
② Personal information use agreement ※
③ Personal statement ※
※ Please download the forms from “TPO News”, www.aptpo.org/eng
④ Copy of Residence Card (previously known as Alien Registration Card)
⑤ Resume and career certificate with a cover letter
⑥ Final degree certificate
⑦ Foreign language proficiency test transcript (obtained after December, 2020) (if applicable)
⑧ Other certificates (if applicable)
- In case of omission of required documents, false records, or errors, the application will not be considered.(If found after being hired, the decision will become null’)
- Submitted documents will not be used for any purpose other than this recruitment.
- In the case of vacancies among successful candidates, the Secretary General may hire the candidate with next priority who is deemed suitable for the job based on qualifications and test results.