1. Management of Organization
1. The 9th TPO Forum
- TPO Forum is to discuss topical issues in the tourism industry and to share knowledge and
experiences among working-level officials of member cities.
- Period: October 2020
- Venue: Wenzhou, China
- Objectives: To deliberate on significant issues in the field of tourism and
to exchange information and opinions among member cities.
- Budget Preparation: Airfare, Accommodation, Registration Fee, etc.
2. Presidential Meeting
- Objectives: Discussion on the operation of the organization between the Presidential bodies and network building
- Participants: Representatives of the President and Co-president cities
3. The 35th and 36th Executive Committee Meeting
- Objectives: Within the scope of the General Assembly’s decisions, the Executive Committee deliberates on various matters related to the operation and projects of the organization.
- Details: To deliberate on significant issues related to the operation of the organization such as budget plans and approval of new members.
Decisions made at the Executive Committee Meeting shall be submitted to the General Assembly for approval.
- - The 35th Executive Committee meeting (TBD)
- - The 36th Executive Committee meeting (During the 9th TPO Forum)
- Budget Preparation: Airfare, Accommodation, etc.
4. TPO Regional Meetings
- Participants: Delegates from city members and members in the private sectors.
- Objectives: Regional Meeting is an official meeting for the working level representatives of the member cities.
It will be conducted as a regional group session, focusing on joint projects and programs as well as interesting topics in the regions.
- - Regional Meeting for Indonesia : TBD
- - Regional Meeting for Korea : TBD
- - Regional Meeting for Vietnam : TBD
- - Regional Meeting for Malaysia :TBD
- - Regional Meeting for China : TBD
- - Regional Meeting for Japan : TBD
- Budget Preparation: Airfare, Accommodation, etc.
5. TPO Consulting Committee
- Composed of around 10 tourism experts
- Consulting services provided to member cities who wish to receive such services, with the consulting costs brone by the service users
- Consulting areas : strategies for developing tourist sites, polices to promote and invigorate the tourism industry
measures to boost the competitiveness of local tourism destinations, restructing the tourism sector, etc.
2. Joint Projects
1. Joint Marketing Project
(Joint participation in international travel exhibitions or holding of the TPO Travel Presentation)
- Participants: City members and members in the private sectors, etc.
- To support the tourism marketing activities of member cities andfacilitate
their tourism industry through the promotion of their brands
- To increase the efficiency and reduce marketing expenses through the joint project
- Strengthen mutual cooperation for the development of the tourism industry in TPO member cities.
- 1st Project : TPO Travel Trade 2020 (TBD)
- 2nd Project : TPO Travel Trade 2020 (TBD)
- 3rd Project : TPO Travel Trade 2020 (During the 9th TPO Forum / TBD)
2-1. Human Resources Development Program in Tourism Sector
- Approximately 40 or 70 participants over 18 years of age
- Purpose :
- Foster global understanding and cultivate global thinking amongst young people by sharing home cultures and embracing new ones
- Contribute to the development of culture and tourism through the exchange of international youths
- Create a network of youngsters and provide an opportunity for the in-depth understanding
of the member cities and their cultures through cultural activities and field trips
- Period : 1-2 weeks
- Venue & Host : To be decided
2-2. Cultivation of Human Resources and TPO Capacity Building
- Cultivation of Human Resources Program
- Participants : University students in tourism and perspective tourism professionals
- Credit-awarding courses or programs
- Certificate program for tourism experts in collaboration with other tourism-related bodies
- Period : 1-2 weeks
- Number of participants : 40 or 70 people aged over 18 years old
- Capacity Building Program for officials of TPO Member cities
- Participants : 40 persons including working-level officials of the member cities and tourism experts
- Period : one or two-week short-term education
- Help the public officials of the member cities in charge of the tourism sector further boost their capacities
- Boost morale, thereby giving them a chance to strengthen their capacity
- Opportunity to experience the outstanding tourism resources of the member cities
3. TPO Member City Tourism Information Exchange Project
- Participants: City members
- Period : January - December 2020
- Target : Citizens and public institutions of the member cities
- To provide an opportunity to promote the tourism destinations of the member cities through
exchanging the tourism-related information between and among member cities
- To promote the partner city’s tourism destinations through the media operated by the member city
- Details : Publish tourism-related advertising articles of the member city A in the media of public relations
of the member city B. In the meantime, the member city B is to do vise-versa
- Matching and information exchanges : January to June 2020
- Promotion : July to December 2020
4. TPO Online Cooperation Network Project
- Purpose : Establishment of an online platform to build a partnership with tourism organizations and tourism buesinesses,
to exchange information and opinions on tourism, and to develop tourism products
- Project Division
- Share tourism informatio nand knowledge of member cities and to provide opportunities for B2B online consulting service relating to the tourism industry
- Produce cooperative tasks between member cities, developing new tourism products, etc.
- Utilize the online platform as a tourism marketing tool to promote TPO projects, tourism resources and products of the member cities
- Project Overview
- Project Title : TPO Online Cooperation Network Project
- Period : January – December 2020 (Preparation) / 2021 Launch
- Participants : TPO Member Cities, Tourism-related Organizations and Private Companies
5. Operation of TPO Marketing Center
- Venue : Busan Global Village, Busan, Korea
- Establishment Date : March 2018
- Operation of a joint marketing booth for member cities at major international tourism exposition in the Asia Pacific region,
holding joint tourism presentations, support for nearby cities to develop joint tourism products, etc.
- Acting as a tourism promotion agent for an individual member city, arranging the local travel agencies, providing support in developing tourism products,
acting as a media liaison (media relations), hosting tourism presentations, etc.
3. Information Service and Communication
1. Operation of TPO Website
2. Publication of TPO official magazine『Tourism Scope』
- TPO website is operated to introduce the organization’s activities, to enhance communication among members, to provide tourism information, and to reinforce PR functions
- Served in Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean
3. Publication of TPO E-Newsletter『Tourism News Patrol』
- Tourism Scope is published quarterly to introduce and promote the tourism resources and events
of member cities in the form of E-magazine in Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean
- About 300 books are printed in English and distributed to the member cities
- Tourism News Patrol is published every month as E-newsletter in Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean
4. Payment of Annual Membership Fee 2020
||Business and Industry
※ The above activity plans are subject to change